2015-2016 Internship Opportunity at InCube Labs, San Antonio TX.
InCube Labs actively supports the local student community and has created an Internship Program to help qualified full time students acquire hands-on skills in medical device research, development and manufacturing. Internship opportunities are available to qualified students on a limited basis, during summer and spring school breaks as well as during the academic year. These Internships are temporary training positions for a specified period.
The engineering interns are required to assist in the completion of research, development, deployment and validation activities for biomedical devices. Under guidance the interns will learn data analysis, troubleshooting processes, aspects of fixture and product designs, team interaction and technical documentation.
Internship in Electrical Engineering
- Work with other R&D team members in research, development, testing, and troubleshooting of electronic and electromechanical products that have limitations for size, accuracy, reliability and cost.
- Design, produce, and analyze electronic prototypes and their related test fixtures.
- Select, evaluate, and procure electronic components for use in new product design.
- Draw schematics of the circuits, simulate the results and accurately document the procedure.
- Assure product quality by designing testing methods, and by performing tests on prototypes.
- Develop test plans to be used in production of new products to ensure the quality of products.
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor's Degree program, majoring in Electrical Engineering
- Completed Junior year towards Bachelor's Degree by start of internship
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Working knowledge and experience with basic electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies).
- Hands-on experience with electronic and electrical systems
- Electronic fabrication skills (soldering, use of relevant hand-tools, etc.).
- Good electronic troubleshooting and analysis skills; Ability to read, follow, and produce electronic schematics.
- Experience in Matlab and Labview are plus; Proficiency in MS Office
- Team player and self-motivated; Maintains regular and consistent job attendance
- Good interpersonal, and communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States